November 15, 2017

little things

this afternoon i noticed my cord for my iphone and ipad wasn't working.  it's strange because it is just a simple cable.  my phone battery was at 20% and so i set off to find a replacement.  

i would usually have a backup cable but lost it somewhere between Africa and Guatemala i didn't replace it.  there was an initial sense of dread when at first, waving my cord around and asking in spangish for a replacement i only got shaking heads in return.  

most places i've been this process starts with a post in an online forum about WTB and ends with several hours of visiting dusty shops in the basement of buildings hunting for western style cables.

then, to my surprise and delight i found a shop right at the plaza where i needed to be anyway that had the exact cable that i needed.  it's the little things that make life easier overseas and it put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment