October 3, 2017

required reading

my next home will be Guatemala as i start working on a new project there.  Antigua, which will be my home base, is known for it's volcanic peaks and coffee covered slopes among the remnants of spanish occupation.  it's a magnet for global travelers so with a population of just over 30,000 it should be an easy town to navigate and everything seems to be measured in blocks for the main square.  

it's just a hour to both Guatemala City and also the Lake Attilan which I will be visiting. i'm reading up on the culture and look forward to forgetting swahili and improving my spanish.  the rest of the country is longer bus rides or planes if trying to get to the north near the ruins of Tikal [which i previously visited and want to visit again http://vagabondcowgirl.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-grandaddy-of-all-mayan-ruins.html ]  the mayan culture fascinates me and i hope to read more about it as I have the chance to roam more of the old sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment