January 8, 2018

chiropractor

last week i went to see a chiropractor.  i have a rib that sometimes shifts a little and it can be really painful.  i could tell he was good because he didn't have any english and my spanish being what it was he didn't get a very detailed description of my complaint.  instead by a quick examination of my back he found the problem and treated it.  in less than an hour.  it cost me 50Q [$6.80].  after i left it occurred to me that no one made me fill out an papers or asked for identification.  it turns out that you can actually get health care without providing health history going back to your great grandparents.  

there is a good deal of medical tourism going on here as many expats are finding the treatments as good as the US and 10% of the cost.  now that my back is patched up i'm going for teeth cleaning next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment